Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday!
We are definitely a taco loving family. Taco Tuesdays are a weekday favorite around here. We even had a taco themed birthday party one year! So it’s not surprising that we found a way to make them into a sweet treat that is fun for all to eat. These Cookie Tacos are easy enough for the kids to help make and are guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face!
A super fun taco recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
Cookie Taco Ingredients
Sugar Cookies → shells
Brownies → meat
White Icing → sour cream
Shredded Coconut → lettuce
[+ Green dye]
M&Ms → tomatos
Yellow + Orange Starburst → cheese
➥Just want the recipe?? Click here!
To begin, make your cookies accorindingly!
We choose to use the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies .
Pro tip: Use an ice cream scoop to get the perfect amount of dough for that ideal sized cookie.
Make them into balls and then flatten the center of the cookie before you place it onto the cookie sheet
The next step is to make the brownies. We used the Duncan Hines box mix.
We love this mixer!
AND of course take a moment to enjoy the best part of making brownies!
While the cookies and brownies are being made, prepare your “taco toppings” ingredients.
- For the lettuce, add 4-6 drops of green dye to the shredded coconut. [Use less drops at first and add more as needed.] Stir with a fork until the coconut has a green color similiar to lettuce. [our dye color was a little off, but it still worked!]
- For the tomatoes, separate the red M&Ms from the bag. We used the mini’s.
- For the Cheese, separate the orange and yellow starbursts. Peel the wrappers off and then slice each square. You should be able to get 5 slices out of one square.
- [I would recommend slicing them thinner, if possible]
Once you have all of your “taco toppings” prepared it should be time to take your cookies and brownies out of the oven.
Once your cookies are out of the oven let them cool. After 3 minutes place your cookies onto a rolling pin and gently press them so they rest on the pin. This will give them that curved taco shape. [I also used a glass so I could make more at a time.]
While the cookies are cooling take out the brownies. These will need to cool almost completely before the next step.
Once the brownies are cooled, take a fork and scraped them to where they are completely crumbled, resembling ground meat.
Now that all of your ingredients are prepared you can start making your tacos!
And Wallah! You have yourself some super yummy cookie tacos!
Orange + Yellow Starbursts
1. Make Cookies accordingly
2. Bake Brownies accordingly
3. While the cookies + brownies are baking prepare your “taco toppings; Separate the red M&M’s. Separate the orange + yellow starbursts. Cut them into thin slices. Attempt to get at least 5 slices out of each square. Place 4-6 drops into the shredded coconut. Stir with a fork until desired color
4.Take the cookies out and let them cool for 3 minutes. When cooled, place them on top of the rolling pin. This will give the curved taco shell look.
5. Once the brownies are almost completely cooled, take a fork and scrap the brownies up, until the brownies resemble ground beef.
6. Then make the taco; Take your cookie, place the brownies in the bottom. Spread the icing in the form of sour cream. Place the shredded coconut onto the taco for the lettuce. Place the M&M’s to look like tomatoes. Put the Starbursts on for the cheese.
7. ENJOY your super yummy Sugar Cookie Taco!
➥More Recipes here!